Marriage Statistics

Marriage Statistics Release

Stats on vital events in Region 7 in the first three quarters of 2018

Release Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Reference Number: 2019-SR07-008

Region VII registers 95 thousand live births in the first three quarters of 2018

Central Visayas registered a total of 94,889 live births from January to September of 2018. This contributed to 8.71 percent of the 1,089,189 total number of registered live births in the country. The region ranked fourth in the highest number of live births recorded. (Figure 1)

Cebu Province registers the largest share of live births in CV in 2018

The province of Cebu had the largest share of registered live births from first quarter to third quarter of 2018 with about 40 percent of the total live births of the region or 38,390 live births. Meanwhile, amongst highly urbanized cities, Cebu City had the highest contribution of 14 percent or 13,455 of the regional total. On the other hand, Siquijor had the least percentage share of live births with only one percent or 874 live births. (Figures 2 and 3)

Male registers for live births are higher than females

Registered live births for males were recorded at 49,928 or 53% while the remaining 44,961 or 47% were females. (Figure 3). This gives a sex ratio of 111 males per 100 females born in Region VII as registered in the first cube of 2018.

Death statistics in Region VII tolls to around 34 thousand in the first three quarters of 2018

Central Visayas registered a total of 33,956 death occurrences in the first three quarters of 2018. This gave a percentage share of about eight percent of the 423,429 total number of registered deaths in the country on the same period.  The Region ranked fourth on the most number of deaths in the country, with Region IVA (CALABARZON) on top of the board with 63,161 recorded number of deaths. (Figure 5)

Siquijor records the lowest death register of only 619 in the first three quarters of 2018

More than 13 thousand or 39 percent of the total death statistics in the region were contributed by the province of Cebu during the first three quarters of 2018. Meanwhile, lowest death occurrences were noted at 649 or only two percent of the region’s total in the province of Siquijor. (Figure 6)

 

Death statistics for males outweighs females

Fifty-five percent or 18,839 of the death occurrences in Region VII from January to September of 2018 were males while the remaining 45 percent or 15,117 were females. (Figure 8)

Region VII at number four in the number of marriages in the Philippines

Central Visayas accounted a total of 27,335 marriage occurrences in the first nine months of 2018. This contributed to almost nine percent of the 319,244 total marriages in the Philippines on the same period. Region VII ranked fourth in the highest number of marriage occurrences in the country. (Figure 9)

Cebu Province holds the most number of marriages

The Province of Cebu registered 15,962 marriages from January to September 2018. This translates to 49 percent share to the region’s total number of marriages in the same period. Meanwhile, Siquijor had the least recorded marriages with only 283 or one percent of the regional total. (See Figure 10)

Technical Notes:

Vital statistics » are derived from information obtained at the time when the occurrences of vital events and their characteristics are inscribed in a civil register.

Live Birth » is the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of conception, irrespective of the duration of pregnancy, which, after such separation, breathes or shows any other evidence of life.

Marriage » is a special contract of permanent union between a man and a woman entered into in accordance with law for the establishment of conjugal and family life.

Death » refers to the permanent disappearance of all evidence of life at any time after live birth has taken place.

Highly Urbanized City » a city with (1) a minimum population of 200,000 inhabitants, as certified by the Philippine Statistics Authority; and the latest annual income of at least 50 million pesos based on the 1991 constant prices, as certified by the city treasurer.

Sex Ratio » refers to the number of males per one hundred females.

Usual Residence » refers to the place where the person habitually or permanently resides.

Place of Occurrence » refers to the place where the vital event took place.

 

(SGD.) AREL E. FLORENDO
Regional Director

 

Attachments:

Filter by Year

Infographics on Marriage Statistics